I know, you're in love with that charming brass finish on the ceiling fan. But wait, it gets better.
I haven't decided how or what, but the dresser will be getting some serious tlc. Btw, that's me in the mirror. Spooky.
And this angle.
And this one, which includes the closet, minus the doors, which we took out before moving into the house.
Yep, we've got our work cut out for us. But this projects really makes me salivate. So, here are the details for what we'll be tackling over the next few weeks:
1 - Curtains, definitely of the black-out variety
2 - Paint three trees on the wall with a base layer of magnetic primer, sort of like the ones I digitized into the photo above.
3 - Sew a new cover for the glider and ottoman
4 - Make some new cushions for the glider that match the curtains and birds (more on that later)
5 - Change the ceiling fan
6 - Paint the black photo frames stacked up in our garage white to hang on the wall in an asymmetrical design
7 - Do something with that 60s era dresser. I'm thinking primer and white paint.
8 - Make fabric storage baskets.
9 - Maximize the closet shelving
10 - Install closet doors
11 - Install new baseboards
12 - Finish painting the trim around the door, and paint the door
13 - Make and hang fabric birdies above the crib
Oh, and that little baby is the proud owner of this bedroom. We think she's the bees knees.
In case you're wondering, here are the things we've already done to her room, mostly before we moved in to our house:
1 - Scraped the popcorn ceilings and re-sprayed them for a more modern finish.
2 - Painted the ceiling Behr's Ultra Pure White in semi-gloss.
3 - Installed a new satin-nickel door knob.
4 - Painted the walls Behr's Honey Butter in semi-gloss.
5 - Installed new carpet. We opted for Mushroom by Stain Master throughout the entire house, since it was the closest match to dirt. Practicality is the theme of our pad.
6 - Took down the vertical blinds and installed in their place a new dual drapery rod in satin nickel.
7 - Intalled the Closet Maid Storage System in the closet.
So we haven't exactly been sitting around twiddling our thumbs. But after a little intermission (moving in, Christmas, family gatherings) I buckled down this past week and got the curtains stitched up. The fabric is called Kleo and it's from the Alexander Henry Fabric Collection at Joanne's. I've used this same fabric for a few other projects and keep coming back to it for more. I love the big bright print and the color options it lends to the other projects we'll be tackling in her room. Also, I bought the black-out curtain liner fabric at Joanne's and stitched it under the hem.
So that's the start of Daisy's new girl-i-fied room. Stay tuned!